- Requests are considered only from organizations that qualify as tax-exempt under Section 501 of the Internal Revenue Service code and are not private foundations as defined in that code.1.
- Special consideration is given to organizations and programs that benefit children, youth and families.
- Donations will be awarded primarily to organizations located in and benefiting residents in Pierce and South King County, but also extending to Washington State..
- Donations to national organizations conducting local fund drives will be made only for specific programs which benefit their work within Pierce and South King Counties.
- The Foundation encourages collaborative efforts among organizations and which foster other community involvement such as matching funds, public and/or private.
- Only one grant is made to a project within any given year, though an organization may apply for more than one project within the same year.
- Grants are generally limited to no more than 10% of total operating revenue.
- Organizations must carry out full control of donated funds, using them as requested and evaluate/report on the programs effectiveness.
The Foundation does not fund:
- Conduit for fundraising agencies or individuals
- Debt retirement
- Lobbying or influencing legislation or elections
- Missionary sending organizations